The editorial collective welcomes submissions of articles and other writings for publication in Situations: Journal for the Radical Imagination, and the Institute’s website. Specific publication guidelines for both are outlined below.
Send all submissions and related inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Author Guidelines for Situations Journal
The Situations Collective will only review articles submitted through the website. No email attachments or hard copy can be accepted for review or publication.
Submissions should observe the guidelines of the Modern Language Association (MLA) and of the American Psychological Association. Footnotes should be referenced by number immediately after the each word or term in the body of the text and included in the bottom of the corresponding page. Endnotes should be converted to footnotes prior to submission. Spelling and other writing conventions from British and other non-U.S. contributors will be considered on a case by case basis.
If you would like more information or need help with our website submissions process, please send email to email@example.com
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end. Any bibliographic lists or other references not connected to footnotes should be included at the end of the text.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found just above in this item of the About Section of the Online Journal.
- All URL addresses in the text (e.g., http://pkp.ubc.ca) are activated and ready to click.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.